Wednesday, April 04, 2007

gardening a gardening

The indoor seeds are all sprouted, with the exception of the asparagus but i think that is on it's way up.
the side "lawn" has been thatched and a new bed has been dug and bordered around it.
I say "lawn" because it is only maybe 1/4 part grass, the rest is buttercups, MOSS (lots of moss) and these evil weeds that are ferny and pretty with red stems that are runners, I hate them, except that they are pretty if they are not in a place where you don't want them. so now the "lawn" is a scraggly patch of muddy clay and buttercups and grass and moss. I am hoping the grass will win and redistribute itself. If not I may seed it.
I am more excited about the new beds around the border. You see Saturday Matt and J9 and I are going to a PLANT SALE, with GALLON plants for THREE(!) dollars. I can fill this new bed for 40$! so exciting. it will look so-much-better. I am sure the neighbors will also be happy since their window is more or less parallel to the ugly little patch of "lawn".
I am also thinking of where to distribute the herp and flower seeds that are not to be started indoors. I think i shall wait until after Saturday, cause then I will not have seeds in places where a hole will need to be dug. Seems a logical step.

Yesterday Matt mowed and I whacked and the lawn is trim. I started to weed the vegetable bed and opted to just cover it with weighted tarps to kill all the stuff first. so those beds will be dealt with in a week or two. No worries as nothing really gets to go to 'bed' until May anywho.

Today is sunny and warmish and so it was nice to have a trim yard to work in, except i was working on the unruly, bad haircut part of the yard.

1 comment:

Sue said...

Hi! have fun at the plant sale! I can't wait to see what you find!