Friday, September 08, 2006

Saucy

A week ago, some friends and I went to Sauvie Island for a carpooling adventure to pick stuff. I picked 10 lbs of pears, which are now all ripening and need to be eaten pronto,baked or preserved. I also picked about 10 lbs of tomatoes and a goodly number of peppers. My own tomatoes have been ripening fairly quickly as well.

So it only made sense to make pasta sauce and can it. Pasta sauce is so easy to make and so much better with fresh ingredients, like tomatoes that are actually ripe and not just red. Granted I didn't have time to make sauce the day I picked the tomatoes, but I guarantee the sauce tastes very tomatoey, because Matt is not a big tomato fan and he says the sauce is VERY tomatoey, but good. Anecdotal proof is always right, just so you know...


I now have 9 jars of pasta sauce and had enough left for dinner last night. It was tasty!
Today I used a gift card I received for my birthday to purchase an accoutrement to go with my pasta sauce. Homemade sauce deserves homemade pasta and so this is my new toy.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

yowza. that machine is gorgeous.

Mr. Choo said...

It's shiny like the T1000 becoming your crafty anthroPC! The pasta looks tasty, have to try it with the sause...